Bar/Bat Mitzvah Bookings
2019 packages were emailed the week of February 4, 2016. If you are not on our mailing list or did not receive your mailing, here are:
It is Beit Rayim’s policy to accept booking request for Bar and Bat Mitzvah up to three years in advance.
We still have some dates that are available for 2017 & 2018, please check with the shul office for availablity.
For more information or any questions, please contact the synagogue office: 905-303-5471 or [email protected]
Please note the following Beit Rayim policies:
- Boys must be 13 by their Jewish birthday.
- Girls must be 12 by their Jewish birthday.
- All membership dues must be paid and you must be a member of Beit Rayim in good standing.
- $1000 booking fee is required at time of booking your date
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah candidates and their family are expected to attend Shabbat Services during the year of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah
and to attend Beit Rayim’s special Educational and Social Bar/Bat Mitzvah events.
- The Bar/Bat Mitzvah candidate must have proficiency in reading Hebrew.
- It is mandatory that you sponsor the congregational Kiddush on the day of your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
please check our calendar for b'nai Mitzvah club programs -
These are mandatory sessions
The Bat/Bar Mitzvah Day:
Your child will deliver a D'var Torah on their portion, read the Maftir from the Torah with no transliterations and will chant a Haftarah, as well as all the blessings before and after the Maftir and Haftarah respectively.
The family is encouraged to participate as much as possible in the service whether through English readings, reading from the Torah or leading certain prayers, such as Ashrei and Shir Hakavod.
The photo session is usually held on the Friday afternoon before your simcha. The photo session lasts about 1 to 1½ hours and allows you to take photos of your child and family on the bima (which we do not allow on Shabbat). It is also an opportunity for your child to read their Maftir from the Torah. You need to confirm the date and time with the synagogue office.
Beit Rayim is a warm, welcoming and haimish community. By attending services regularly, your family will become a part of our embracing community and your experience will be more spiritually rewarding, surrounded by many circles of friends.
For more information, call the Synagogue office at 905-303-5471, or email us.